Apply for a Library Card Online!
During the current health emergency you may apply for a library card online. You must be a resident of NC and once the library opens you must be able to produce a photo ID and proof of address. The online card can be used to access all of our online resources. Click here to apply!
Already have a library card and need to renew it or are having issues with it or have other questions? Phone 252-442-1951 between 10 am and noon Monday thru Thursday to speak to a library staff member.
|Monday - Thursday||10:00am - 8:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 6:00pm|
Middlesex Public Library
12480 W. Hanes Ave., Middlesex, NC 27557
Mon - Friday: 11:30 am - 5 pm
Spring Hope Public Library
101 S. Ash St., Spring Hope, NC 27882
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Friday: 1pm - 5pm
Sat: 11am - 3pm
Wesley Privette Memorial Library
6280 Main St., Bailey, NC 27807
Tuesday 12:30 - 6 pm
Wednesday 12:30 pm - 6 pm
Thursday 9:30 am - 3 pm
Whitakers Public Library
106 W. Pippen St, Whitakers, NC 27891
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Braswell Memorial Library Will Reopen on Tuesday May 26th!
Our Adjusted Hours of Operation Will Be Tuesday thru Saturday 11 am to 4 pm. We will be closed Sundays and Mondays.
Libraries In Middlesex and Spring Hope Will Reopen on Monday June 1st at Their Normally Scheduled Hours. Libraries in Bailey and Whitakers Will Reopen Tuesday June 2nd at Their Normally Scheduled Hours.
Passport Services and Public Meeting Rooms Remain CLOSED
Please Check Back Here, look for us on FaceBook, or Phone Us at 252-442-1951 for Updates and Information.
Check the boxes below for information on Online Resources and our FAQs.
Braswell Memorial Public Library is looking for a motivated individual to assume the role of Facility Manager. This fulltime position requires a multi-faceted individual who is capable of managing library facility maintenance contracts and is also able to perform a wide range of minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other facility repairs as required. The successful candidate will oversee five public library facilities throughout Nash County. At least five years of previous experience is required. An in-depth job description, FAQ, and application details are available here.
Having to Quarantine? Kids Home From School?
We have a number of online resources available even when we are not open!
- Home Grown eBooks - Perfect for book clubs: Home Grown provides free, unlimited copies and access—no waiting in line—for books, many with Reader’s Guides. Choose Nash County/Braswell Memorial as your library and read!
1. Will the book drops be open? The book drop at Braswell Memorial Library in Rocky Mount is always open. Bookdrops at the branches will open June 1st. It is ok for you to keep the materials until the libraries reopen.
2. Will I have to pay fines on overdue items? There are no fines on items while the library is closed.
3. Is curb side service for items on hold ended? No! If you prefer not to come into the library starting May 26th you can still place items on hold and pick them up at Braswell Memorial Library's front door Tuesday thru Saturday between 11 am and 4 pm. Come to the front door of the library and ring the doorbell. Curb side service is not available at the branch libraries.
4. What about meetings and programs scheduled at the library? All meetings and programs are canceled for the time being. Storytime is also suspended but we have virtual Storytime on Facebook and Instagram.
5. What about the passport office at the library? The passport office at the library is still closed. If you have an emergency need for a passport please contact the U.S. State Department for their guidance.
6. Is WI-Fi still available outside the libraries? Yes! Outside the branches WI-FI will be available 7 days a week from 8 am until 8 pm and outside Braswell Memorial from 7 am until 9 pm. Please remember social distancing when using the WI-FI.
7. Are there other library resources available to me while the library is closed? Yes! Lots! Look at the box above this one for information.
8. What is the library doing to make my visit there safe? Lots!
a. Staff will wear masks at all times. Patrons are Strongly Recommended to wear masks.
b. Staff will wear gloves when appropriate.
c. Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons throughout the library.
d. Social distancing will be enforced. There will be limits on the numbers of people allowed in.
e. Returned materials will be sequestered for 72 hours before being checked out again.
f. Common touch areas will be disinfected regularly.
g. Some higher risk services, such as loaner laptops, and programs, have been suspended for now. Some areas, such as meeting rooms, study rooms, and the computer lab, remain closed for now.
The NC Rural Center, funded by the Golden LEAF Foundation, has launched the NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Program for small businesses impacted by the current emergency. For details go to https://ncrapidrecovery.org/
Click on the logo above to access a selection of Ebooks, Eaudio books, and streaming video services. Read. listen, or watch on most devices!
Video channels available:
Acorn TV - World-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain.
The Great Courses - Immersive learning experiences covering a wide range of subjects.
IndieFlix - Movies and classic TV
Pongalo - Spanish-language telenovelas and translated movies.
Stringray Qello - Concerts and music documentaries.
LearnItLive - Wellness and Personnel Development
Method Test Prep - ACT/SAT test prep
You will need your library card number to login. Once you select a channel you can watch as many videos as you like for seven days on that channel. You can only watch one channel per seven day period.