Apply for a Library Card Online!
During the current health emergency you may apply for a library card online. You must be a resident of NC and once the library opens you must be able to produce a photo ID and proof of address. The online card can be used to access all of our online resources. Click here to apply!
Already have a library card and need to renew it or are having issues with it or have other questions? Phone 252-442-1951 between 11 am and 4 pm Tuesday thru Saturday to speak to a library staff member.
|Monday - Thursday||10:00am - 8:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 6:00pm|
Middlesex Public Library
12480 W. Hanes Ave., Middlesex, NC 27557
Mon - Friday: 11:30 am - 5 pm
Spring Hope Public Library
101 S. Ash St., Spring Hope, NC 27882
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Friday: 1pm - 5pm
Sat: 11am - 3pm
Wesley Privette Memorial Library
6280 Main St., Bailey, NC 27807
Tuesday 12:30 - 6 pm
Wednesday 12:30 pm - 6 pm
Thursday 9:30 am - 3 pm
Whitakers Public Library
106 W. Pippen St, Whitakers, NC 27891
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Braswell Memorial Library is Open!
Our Adjusted Hours of Operation Are Monday thru Saturday 11 am to 4 pm. We are closed Sundays.
All Patrons are REQUIRED to wear a mask while inside Braswell Memorial Library and our community partner libraries. Masks will NOT be provided.
Branch libraries are all open their normal schedules.
Passport Services will reopen Monday June 15 and will remain on an adjusted schedule of Mondays and Tuesdays 11am-2pm until further notice.
Public Meeting Rooms Remain CLOSED
Please check back here, look for us on Facebook, or phone us at 252-442-1951 for updates and information.
Check the boxes below for information on Online Resources and our FAQs.
1. Are the book drops open? Yes! The bookdrops are open 24 hours a day seven days a week.
2. Will I have to pay fines on overdue items? There are no fines on items while the library is closed or while we are operating under reduced hours. We do encourage you to return items on time so others may enjoy them.
3. Is curb side service for items on hold ended? No! If you prefer not to come into the library you can still place items on hold and pick them up at Braswell Memorial Library's front door Monday thru Saturday between 11 am and 4 pm. Come to the front door of the library and ring the doorbell. Curb side service is not available at the branch libraries.
4. What about meetings and programs scheduled at the library? All meetings and programs are canceled for the time being. Storytime is also suspended but we have virtual Storytime on Facebook and Instagram.
5. Is the passport office at the library open? The passport office at the library is closed but will reopen on June 15. Hours will be limited to Monday and Tuesday from 11 am until 2 pm and appointments are required. You can make an appointment at http://braswell-library.libcal.com/booking/passports or by calling 252-442-1951, ext. 228. If you have an emergency need for a passport please contact the U.S. State Department for their guidance.
6. Is WI-Fi still available outside the libraries? Yes! Outside the branches WI-FI is available 7 days a week from 8 am until 8 pm and outside Braswell Memorial from 7 am until 9 pm. Please remember social distancing when using the WI-FI.
7. Are there other library resources available to me while the library is closed? Yes! Lots! Look at the box above this one for information.
8. What is the library doing to make my visit there safe? Lots!
a. Staff will wear masks at all times. Patrons are Required to wear masks.
b. Staff will wear gloves when appropriate.
c. Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons throughout the library.
d. Social distancing will be enforced. There will be limits on the numbers of people allowed in.
e. Returned materials will be sequestered for 72 hours before being checked out again.
f. Common touch areas will be disinfected regularly.
g. Some higher risk services, such as loaner laptops, and programs, have been suspended for now. Some areas, such as meeting rooms, study rooms, and the computer lab, remain closed for now.
The NC Rural Center, funded by the Golden LEAF Foundation, has launched the NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Program for small businesses impacted by the current emergency. For details go to https://ncrapidrecovery.org/
Click on the logo above to access a selection of Ebooks, Eaudio books, and streaming video services. Read. listen, or watch on most devices!
Video channels available:
Acorn TV - World-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain.
The Great Courses - Immersive learning experiences covering a wide range of subjects.
IndieFlix - Movies and classic TV
Pongalo - Spanish-language telenovelas and translated movies.
Stringray Qello - Concerts and music documentaries.
LearnItLive - Wellness and Personnel Development
Method Test Prep - ACT/SAT test prep
You will need your library card number to login. Once you select a channel you can watch as many videos as you like for seven days on that channel. You can only watch one channel per seven day period.