Reservations are required for Passport Services. Reservations may be made online at http://braswell-library.libcal.com/booking/passports or by phoning 252-442-1951, ext. 228.
Reservations may be made up to one month in advance. If you have any questions use the "Questions" tab to the right or call us at 252-442-1951, ext. 228.
The Passport Office is located on the first floor in the library. Office hours are Monday and Tuesday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (excluding days the library is closed) and reservations are required. Reservations may be made online at http://braswell-library.libcal.com/booking/passports or by phoning 252-442-1951, ext. 228. Please be on time for your reservation. If you are late you may not be seen.
The United States Department of State enforces strict guidelines for Passport applications. The library makes every effort to see that your applications will be approved and processed smoothly by encouraging you to adhere to these guidelines. Should you instruct us to submit documentation deemed inadequate by the Department of State, your application will be returned to you by the Department of State, and delays in acquiring your Passport will result.
All first–time applicants must apply for Passport books or Passport Cards in person using form DS-11. Both parents must sign the applications (DS-11) for any minor under age 16. Children 16-17 must sign the application themselves. The child must be present regardless of age. If both parents cannot be present, a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent must be presented (DS-3053). Forms may be downloaded from the U.S. Passport Services link below, but applications (DS-11) must be signed in front of the agent at the library.
Renewals of valid U.S. Passport Books or Passport Cards may be handled yourself by mail provided you receive the Passport within the last 15 years, and were over age 16 when it was issued.Click here to see if you qualify to use the form DS-82.
The State Department requires the following documents of all applicants. Save yourself time and trouble by having acceptable documentation for yourself and any children applying for a Passport when you come to the library.
1. Proof of identity, any one of the following: ◦ Previous U.S. Passport ◦ Driver’s license ◦ Official military identification card
2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship or nationality, certified birth certificate, or certified copy of birth certificate issued by an office of vital statistics or registrar of deeds. Hospital certificates are not accepted. You will also need a photocopy of the front and back of a certified birth certificate or Certificate of Nationality.
3. Social Security number
4. Passport photo meeting certain size requirements.
5. Cost of a Passport Book is $110.00 per adult application and $80.00 per minor application (under age 16) via check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State. No credit cards accepted. Processing time is six to eight weeks.
6. Cost of a Passport Card is $30.00 per adult application and $15.00 per minor application (under age 16) via check or money order to be payable the U.S. Department of State. No credit card accepted. Processing time is six to eight weeks.
7. Payment of a $25.00 execution fee to Braswell Memorial Library is required for each application. Payment to Braswell Memorial Library may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card (Mastercard or VISA only).
An expedited passport book for an adult is $170.00. Two way overnight delivery is $185.45. A Passport card is $90.00 payable by check or money order to the US Department of State. Processing time: two to three weeks
An expedited passport book for an child is $140.00. Two way overnight delivery is $155.45. A Passport card is $75.00 payable by check or money order to the US Department of State. Processing time: two to three weeks
For each adult or child's expedited passport, there is an additional passport agent's fee of $48.75 payable to Braswell Memorial Library. Note: These are basic guidelines. Please click below to determine if other rules apply to your particular circumstance.